search-icon
  • Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the above I have reviewed in full and it does not fix the issue we have. I believe our request is very basic - all we want is the ability to round all customer pricing to 2dp.

So we have one fixed price the customer then gets a discount of x% off of the price, and the system then rounds this, as we cant charge a customer a fraction of a pence for one whole product. e.g. Product price is £29.17 customer gets 45% discount = £16.04 however Dear will invoice them £16.0435. If the customer orders 10 units the charge should be £160.40 however their invoice line total will be £160.4350 Please please provide a solution this has now been an issue for us since implementing Dear 3 years ago, we have now ran out of price tiers to solve this issue. Please escalate this.

Many thanks,

Cheryl

• Hi Guys

Any update on this. This is a 5 year old ticket. Are you going to give control to change the number of decimal places on all screens.

Thanks 

• 100% agree we really need a solution to this!

• Hi, I would like to know why this has yet to be implemented, a simple feature available on all accounting software including opensource freeware, yet we are paying a high premium to use a system that lacks basic features, this request has been filed 5 years ago and still no resolution. Please add this feature now..

•  Becoming a problem for us as well.

Please allow to choose how many decimal places to use in prices. In our case we have 5 decimal places but system rounds up automatically everything to 4 decimal places.

Can't believe this has been open for 5 years.

• It is a major problem for us - our sales department is giving me hell over this!  We are a distribution company that publishes a price list and when DEAR applies our 33% trade discount to a sales order line for a large quantity of items (we sell in the hundreds) the lack of rounding means that the line total is inflated above our published prices.  We are having to manually adjust every order because of this.  We need unit-price rounding to be to two decimal figures after the customer's discount has been applied and before the quantity has been totalled so that the simple multiplication of quantity x discounted unit-price to two decimal places is correct!

• Agreed this is a major problem for us - the cost of Dear keeps increasing but the basics are not being addressed....

• Seeing this has been planned - this makes me very happy! 

What is the planned release date of this feature?

Thanks

• Yes, we need this as well. Would be great to get an update on this.

• Agreed, this is clearly a failing and problematic for our processes. 

We would like the ability to choose the number of decimal points we work to in production orders – most of the time we do not use any more than 2 decimal points. The increased decimal point for precision is not needed and time consuming to fix.

See attached for settings and the problem in action (image). It would be great if we could choose the decimalisation we work to within the production module.

It means we chase round small decimal points in the system unless anyone thinks to 0 out the decimals. 

• Would be good to have a resolution to this as we find this has a big impact on our business functions.

• A much needed feature for many different accounts. Would help companies reduce errors that are caused by large decimals since they aren't needed by everyone

•  Agreed.  This is the one single most frustrating part of DEAR.  We are a distributor who publishes price lists to trade customers and when their discount is applied to the order line the calculated discounted price to many decimal points multiplies by the quantity to cause a price "error".  E.g. if the item has a list price 2.22 and the discount is 33% then DEAR calculates the discounted price as 1.4874 and then, for a quantity of 1, rounds it up to 1.49 . However for a quantity of 100 DEAR totals it to 148.74 - not 149.00 .  This means that our order entry people have to manually adjust the total price to match our published price.  We need DEAR to calculate the unit discounted price to 2 decimal places - not 4.

Unfortunately the present way DEAR works makes DEAR unsuitable for distribution companies like us.  I cannot type what my sales department regularly says about this!!!

• Completely agree with all of the points above. Causing issues for us as well and it really should be a simple fix.

• Still no update?

Login or Signup to post a comment

24 people like this idea