DEAR allows integration with QuickBooks Online and Xero accounting systems, or you can use DEAR as a standalone tool for your accounting needs. You may switch between QBO, Xero and DEAR standalone at any time if you wish to change your accounting system.
If you want to connect to Xero for the first time, see Xero Integration - Basics.
If you want to connect to QBO for the first time, see QuickBooks Online Integration - Basics.
Table of Contents
- Switching from Xero to QBO or vice versa
- Switching from one Xero/QBO account to another
- Switching from Xero/QBO to DEAR Standalone
If DEAR is integrated with either QuickBooks or Xero, and you want to shift to using DEAR for your accounting needs, you may disable the integration. Once the integration between DEAR and another accounting system is disabled, you can start using DEAR as your accounting system. For more information, see Disabling the Integration between DEAR and a Third-Party Accounting System.
If you are transitioning from Quickbooks to Xero and vice versa, and you already have one or the other accounting system integrated with DEAR, you may also switch at any time. For more information, see Switching DEAR to Another Accounting System.
Switching from Xero to QBO or vice versa
If you are already using QBO or Xero with DEAR, and you wish to change to the other accounting system, you can do so by following the steps below.
Switch DEAR from QBO to Xero:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration -> Xero.
- On the Xero integration page, click Connect to disable QuickBooks integration and enable Xero integration with DEAR using the Xero Connect Wizard.
Switch from Xero to QBO:
- On the DEAR menu, click Integration -> QuickBooks Online.
- On the QuickBooks Online integration page, click Connect to disable Xero integration and enable Xero integration with DEAR using the QuickBooks Connect Wizard.
Switching from one Xero/QBO account to another
You can switch from one Xero account to another (or one QBO account to another) from Integrations -> Xero (or Integrations -> QuickBooks Online).
Scroll down to Connect your DEAR account to another Xero/QBO organisation and click Change Organisation. You will be taken through either the Xero Connect Wizard or QuickBooks Connect Wizard to complete the change.
Switching from Xero/QBO to DEAR standalone
If you have previously integrated either QuickBooks or Xero with DEAR, and you wish to use just DEAR for your accounting needs, you can disable the Xero/QBO integration.
- On the DEAR menu, click either Integration ->QuickBooks (if you have QuickBooks integrated with DEAR) or Integration -> Xero (if you have Xero integrated with DEAR).
- On the integration page, click Disable Integration.
Once you disconnect the integration between DEAR and a third-party accounting system, you can start using DEAR as your standalone accounting software.