search-icon
  • Suggestion by Max Blackburn:

I do not see this option but it has been a feature available on other b2b sites we have used and our customers are requesting it. Is this a possible addition in the near future? 

Just to be clear, I am asking for a feature that would allow customers to build multiple POs that they could toggle back and forth between to build and revise separately before ever checking out.

• Mark, you don't need to set up a Windows server, the .pfx file is required only to prove to the DEAR Windows server that your domain is secure.

I spent the better part of three weeks negotiating my way through the process,

You need to request a copy of your SSL certificate files from the issuer of your SSL certificate.
    I had to then source a PC to run the openSSL software (as we are Mac based, and generating the Mac .p12 version was a dead-end),
    I then used this software to combine the files into a .PFX file.

Good luck!

• Thanks for adding the price/sale price on the product page:  

blob1477505566741.png

Please do the same on category pages like here:

blob1477505650349.png

• - Price/Sale price should be optional

- Description not showing up on product page.

• MAXIMUM STOCK ALLOCATION PER CUSTOMER, PER SKU

A field in the "Catalog" screen against each SKU that allows us to enter a maximum (unit of measure) per customer.

Many businesses use a limit per customer to ensure greater distribution of stock and that benefits such as discounts can have a controlled release to market.

If a customer attempts to add a qty above the limit to the cart, a pop-up could inform them "(SKU description) is limited to qty(x) per customer — you have qty(y) remaining of your maximum allocation"

• This should be part of my post above

Where does the portal pull prices from? Shouldn't that be specifiable in the integration section? (Tier 1 base price/ Tier 2 sale price etc?)

Looks like the system is taking our wholesale sale prices and automatically cutting them in half. Not sure why and not sure how and why the system determined what price should even be featured in the portal (we have several tiers). 

Here's the product on the portal:

blob1477505839604.png

And here's the item in DEAR (looks like $14 is half the wholesale price?):

blob1477505904553.png

• Please can you also add restricted access to the content pages in the B2B portal (have it as an option).

It would be good to have some pages that only members can view/access.

Thanks

• yes, noticed this today also

• Thanks for the updates today, although can't see all as yet.

Just tried downloading the XLS pricelist and get >

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
  • Please can you allow quantity to be shown for products within a family on the bulk order screen.

It would be preferable to have the quantity on hand visible rather than having to click in the box to view. 

Also it would be good to have the option to decide whether to show quantity for products with a BOM based on the availability of components or what is actually on hand. 

The ability to show what is available based on components is a great new feature but won't suit every business.

• this is more of a functionality check.... i understood that previous orders would be visible on the portal and had assumed that it included the ones made prior to the portal introduction.  This appears not to be the case - am I missing something?  if they are not visible, why not?

• Very informative post! This post gives truly quality information. I find that this post is really amazing. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information we have the same services you can visit our site post! This post gives truly quality information. I find that this post is really amazing. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information we have the same services you can visit our site

<a href="https://www.shoppa.in">Online B2B Marketplace</a>

<a href="https://www.shoppa.in">B2B Portal</a>

• Hi Nigel,

I'm not employed by Dear but I think I can answer your question out of experience with other integrations. 

I personally do not want my customers to see previous orders that were made prior to the integration of the B2B portal. The reason is that we made notes and comments on those orders that were intended to be internal only. The risk of allowing customers access to those orders may expose those comments; only good things were said of course ;-). Now that the B2B Portal is active, we have a different protocol as to what we comment on those orders. Most of our customers understand that this is new implementation and realize that if they want to have a history other than their own P.O.'s, then they have to always place their orders using the Portal. Less work for us so win win as far as I''m concerned.

FYI because we sell hair colour, data entry is very tedious due to the large number of SKU's invovled. We are now offering free shipping to our customers only if they order throught the portal. Many of our customers are embracing the new portal and are forgiving not seeing historical orders. It's so easy to provide them with reports of past orders that I don't think it will be an issue.

• Hello Dear,

Please can someone update us on some of the points raised here.

The first two points from my post 8 days ago are very important.

Thanks

• Thanks Bear... we do not make comments on orders placed and often customers are looking for copy invoices and details of previous orders etc.  The ability to export such data in excel form would allow them to analyse.

However, your comment has led me to suggest another idea; that of favourites - my customers and many others I suppose have products that they regularly order.

In any event, I am wondering whether I am wasting my time posting here since I have not evidence that anyone from Dear is reading comments and I don't see any organisation of suggestions into a useable list for ranking and voting by Dear.......

Thanks for the thoughts anyway Bear.

Login or Signup to post a comment

28 people like this idea