search-icon

Implemented
Integration with Magento 2.x

started a topic over 7 years ago

Interested in DEAR integration with Magento 2.x?

Like this post and provide comments.

6 people like this idea
  • Yes. The time for migrating to Magento 2 is getting closer and we need to be sure our systems can come with us.

2 people like this
  • Magento 2 was released over a year now and there is still no integration option with Dear. Surely it can't be that difficult to get this done.

1 person likes this
  • Agreed... Magento 2 is needed. Also change Magento integration so it can manage product that were created in Magento or Dear. Right now products need to be created in Magento to be managed by Dear. But you need to generate the PO to Vendor in Dear. So it's like a weird 4 step process.
    1. create po in dear.
    2. create product in Magento
    3. sync dear Magento
    4. bring in PO in dear.
    or something like this.

This render Magento completely useless for dear. I have now stopped using my awesome Magento site because the integration is so backwards. Magento needs an inventory management system but sync should work bi-directional.

Please when Magento 2 gets added include bi-directional sync or at least sync if the product is created in dear.

1 person likes this
  • To add to this, it would be great for support to stop replying "you can use API to do all this". API usage is awesome if we were all programmers. I completely understand there are other priorities for Dear developers at present. But if they too busy, at least provide alternative external developers that can create needed apps. Paying for needed service isn't an issue but leaving us stranded is just wrong.

1 person likes this
  • To Jamin. In relation to how Dear currently integrates with Magento 1.x you outlined, unfortunately there isn't much Dear developers can do. It's the limitations caused by Magento 1.x architecture. Magento 2.x is a different beast with different architecture. It is provisioned for integration with PIM systems. That is, you can push products directly from PIM platforms like Dear to Magento 2.x.

2 people like this
  • Rebuilding our old Magento 1.5.1 site which would not work with Dear integration. Really want to build it on Magento 2.x but wondering on actual realistic date when Deer will have integration available? Magento is discontinuing support for 1.9.x in another year.

• Any updates on Magento 2 integration, as we're currently looking at Dear to solve our inventory / drop shipping issues. Seemed to be exactly what we needed after some improvements have been made to it since we last tested it in 2015.  But with a magento 2 rebuilt site about to launch any week now this is a deal breaker for us..

Any other magento 2 integration options available via api or 3rd party?

• Some information for anyone else who was wanting to know about Magento 2 and Dear Systems. To save yourself some time.

From their support:

"The only info I have regarding supported integration with Magento 2.0 is that there's no plan as of now but it's being considered."

So it's either develop the integration yourself with the API or use different inventory software.

• Good to know. I suspect they might let it drop off as their new developments appear to focus on POS and other non-integration features. We're keeping an eye out for suitable alternatives so that when we move to Magento 2 we're ready. 

I've enquired about Magento 2 integration in the past and received a similar response. I'm not sure I believe it's actually being considered in that case. 

The fact that no dev team member has taken the time to respond to this growing thread re-enforces our lack of confidence in the platform long term, sadly. We're not inclined to invest in API integration. I doubt many others will. 

At this point, I think we'd all just like a yay/nay to the feature request so we can plan our timelines to include migration. There's been ample time to consider if Magento 2 integration is viable. 

• We'll be moving on to look at other options as well now. One which focus's on what their community is asking for. Support for Magento2 in near future or zapier integration would seem to be a no-brainer. 

• Hi All, Magento 2 integration is planned most likely in qtr 1 2018. We will update you with an ETA beginning of the year.

2 people like this
  • Mike: Why don't you look at just building a connector for www.dsync.com as seems to be what other similar companies are doing. Would seem to solve a lot of your customer requests for Magento2, Salesforce and other integrations. Might even be a quicker process?

• We have been waiting for over 6 months for Dear to provide information on release date for Magento 2 integration. Unfortunately, until now, there was no plans for it. Few months back, we finally made a decision to create our own integration using Dear API (which is most common recommendation Dear Support offers). What they exclude from this recommendation is that they are using very old API version with many limitations. We have recently been advised by support that new API version is due to be released early 2018. Reading between the lines, we now believe that main reason for delay in providing API integration module for Magento 2 is mostly due to old API version and until it is upgraded, Magento 2 integration will be very difficult.

1 person likes this
  • Magento 2 integration is essential for us. We are just about to retire our old magento 1 website and without integration with Dear we are stuffed.

Login or Signup to post a comment

6 people like this idea