search-icon

Implemented
Add better management of Backorders

started a topic over 6 years ago

I know there is a report in the Report Module called "Sales Backorder Summary Report" (https://inventory.dearsystems.com/Report/SaleBackordersSummary) that list all Backorders, but it would be great if there was a more interactive way to manage Backorders, such as viewing a list of all backordered sales like the Sale > View All module.  This would allow direct clicking through on the orders.

The only way I have come up with is to sort Sales Orders by Status and then go to the Backordered sales in the list. Unfortunately, entering "Backordered" in the search box does not return the Backordered sales. It would be good if it did.

Another way, and a more obvious one for users to find, would be to add "Backordered" to the filter dropdown list would be good.  See screenshot.

Thanks,

Stan

11 people like this idea
  • Dear Dear, 

Can the backorder system still be further improved? It is still lacking some functionality.

Today I had the following case. A popular product was ordered by different customers, entered by different sales reps. Quote was made, suffucient stock showed. They all authorized the sales order after quote approval, thereby allocating the stock. All was looking good up to this point. None of the orders showed "backorder". Waited for the customer to pay. And then, when creating the picking, it appeared we had a negative stock. Not all orders could be delivered. 

In my opinion, the (last) orders should never have been allowed to "allocate" by authorizing the sales order. These orders should have gone to "back order". Right?  

Login or Signup to post a comment

11 people like this idea