search-icon

Material Requirements Planning Module Improvements

started a topic about 4 years ago

The Material Requirements Planning module is aimed at addressing the needs of the production process. New production features will provide our current customers with powerful, logical manufacturing solutions to add to their inventory solution.

For more information, see Getting Started.

We would like to know your thoughts on how to further improve this module.

- DEAR Team

9 people like this idea
  •  Also,  just found a little bug. 

If I have a production Run quantity scheduled on an order with a scheduled Start date generated via the Scheduler.

And we decide to change the quantity for that run as we get closer to the date.  

Please Note that there is no provision for me to amend the scheduled date from within the Run - it is locked

When I save this revision to the run quantity the scheduled date reverts back to the original planned date.  

Because the Scheduled Date is locked, the only way to amend this date is to go back into the scheduler and drag back to the planned date.

• Adding a "today line" to the Production Scheduler showing the current date and time would be helpful. This would let us more quickly see what is behind or ahead of schedule and what should be in progress. 

• Great bug discovery there John!

Also Kim, what a beyond logical suggestion. Hope to see both of those looked at and brought into the Beta.

• Can we please have a way to manually relate Production orders to a Sale Order?

We have Products ordered for Production that once produced, will be picked for the Sale. These Production orders were released before the Sale Order was Authorized. As we have our settings configured now, the Sale Order generates draft Production Orders for these same items. Those Production Orders are unnecessary because we already have appropriate Production Orders in progress. We'd like to be able to associate existing Production Orders to a Sale Order. This would make the Sale Order Related Orders view and the Scheduler Sale view much more useful since it would reflect the MOs intended for the SO. Once the MO is complete, it can be picked on the SO, closing the loop.

• Agreed ^^

Also,  Now we can add Tags to Production Orders, it would be really useful to:-

a) be able to search by Tags in the scheduler

b) add the tag field to the available fields we can show on the Scheduler

• Concerning Nested BOMs, if one of the components which is also a BOM has no average cost, the unit cost displayed shows up as 0. 

A client suggested that it would be useful for the system to input the "estimated cost" as generated for the nested component in the BoM so that there is a sensible cost output as you get for a  non nested BoM.

• The ability to add additional attributes as a tab (and tie a default attribute set) to a production/manufacturing order would be very beneficial for several of our clients now using this module!

• I would also support this provider it is linked with the automation module so specific actions can be signed to the production order.

• On behalf of Tommy Duran ( tommy.duran@stanleybrothers.com )

Their requirement is a CSV export of the items within the production page (while in the draft stage) with estimated costs (already found in the page) and budgeting/approval purposes for future productions.

• On behalf of Eddie Watson, 

The current set up of the production BOM does not support Additional Units of Measure. A good example that was provided was:

Instead of having a case of 6 that breaks down into single units we have 0.1666 or 0.1667 of pack that assembles into a case of 6. However with this approach there is always a remainder (1-6x0.1666=0.004) or insufficient stock.(1-6x0.16667 = -0.0002) in which case the system trying to pick 0.004 of a case.

So the suggestion provided was to implement rounding rules into Additional Units of Measure calculations.

• I did not ask for the above to be posted. It is a misrepresentation of an request originally made in August 2020 to fix a bug where the Alternative UoM feature, as advertised, does not work with Production BoMs.

Temporary work around we came up with was to use the assembly feature to assemble a case of six by using a decimal, and therefore allow a disassembly to give you a single item from a case. Due to the limited number of decimal places in the system this was never going to be a long term solution. The correct approach is to replicate the functionality of the Assembly BoM UoM for Production BoM’s.

Eddie Watson

• Hi Eddie,

I sincerely apologize for my oversight and have misunderstood your requirement. I have passed this on to the development team so that they can look into this further.

Best,

Tariq Rassool

•  Hi - some enhancements to the Production Orders (list) page would be welcomed.

1.   Bulk Void option (use the tick boxes to select) 

2.  Bulk Undo option (as above - but to rollback to draft)

3.  Open in new tab option (or right click open in new tab) for production orders in the list.

• Please,

Can we get Tags working on

-Scheduler (Production Order Tags AND Product Tags)

-Production Orders List  (Product Tags)  - production order tags work here.  

Also

-Can we add a function to apply a tag to multiple Production Orders at once (using the tick box in Production Orders List)

We have some fantastic functionality available but I am using Nested BOMS that generate a huge quantity of Planned BOMs - we could easily work through these if product Tags could be used in Search.   I also want to tag all of the orders generated with the same tag - hence the multi tag request.  

• +1 for Additional Attributes for Production Orders and Production Runs

Also, added a separate Feature Request to cover additional attributes for assemblies:  Additional Attributes for Assemblies and Production Orders / Runs

Login or Signup to post a comment

9 people like this idea