search-icon

UNDO and VOID in Dear POS

started a topic over 3 years ago

Quite often the shop staff could make mistakes in POS (especially the new ones) - putting in wrong payment methods etc. The current Dear POS sales is complete once the payment button is hit.... it's so quick it's quite often the shop staff realised they made a mistake after hitting the payment button (especially in situations where customers require Layby, coupon, plus other payment methods...)

Once the mistake is made all they could do is to return the invoice, in the same way the payment is made.... it's also not very user friendly... and could make mistakes again.

Would be great if Dear can just add a VOID or UNDO feature? 

11 people like this idea
  • Or at least have a 5-10 second countdown on the completion screen to undo the payment and go back to the sale. I know many POS systems have this functionality.

1 person likes this
  • Would be a great idea too Or this can only be UNDO or VOID by the manager before the register is closed for the day.

1 person likes this
  • Fair point but not really ideal that all the staff can void sales for obvious reasons. Ideally, if a staff memeber makes a mistake, they should do an exact opposite transaction to cancel it out. If they sold something and there was a mistake, return that sale and create another one with clear notes as to the why there was this reversal.

Better not to make it easy for staff to void sales. That's my 2 cents anyway :)

• It can easily be set by permission - VOID can be done by manager / admin role instead of cashier. UNDO can be done by cashier within 10 secs - 1 min after the payment.

We can't expect all the shop salesmen when we have 30 staff to be so clear minded when returning the sale, i.e. to do the exact opposite on the payment. It happened a few times already, and after their return is made, it cannot be undone already. So I can't even do anything afterwards to rectify.

• Hello everyone!

The purpose of this design is to have all editing functionalities available only on the backend to dedicated staff. Since most staff using the POS would have basic access, there is no edit, undo or void function given.

• @yohan however since we have 8 outlets using Dear POS, so we used Daily Consolidation on their sales orders, in doing so we cannot VOID or UNDO the POS orders at the backend even we found the front line staff making mistakes. While I do agree general staff should have limited access on UNDO / VOID, I do think the manager level of the store should be given access at Dear POS to UNDO / VOID the orders, before the register is closed for the day.

Currently as a workaround, if the staff made mistakes, we ask the staff to return the order with payments in the same way it was paid, then it could happen they make further mistakes by entering the wrong payments.... Also this create unnecessary credit notes in the Dear backend which very often become a mess when the mistakes are daily consolidated in one single Dear backend order....

• Hi Travis,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded this to our team.

• Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. เว็บพนัน

• What is UNDO or VOID I am seeing for the first time? Anyone can explain me UNDO or VOID 

Dental Plans

Login or Signup to post a comment

11 people like this idea