search-icon

website fulfillment for a specific client

started a topic over 2 years ago

I'm looking for ideas or suggestions on how to implement this or if it's even possible.

My goal is to have a more automated shipping process, and better tracking of lot codes of items shipped.

Our scenario.

We make 7 food products for client A. (these food products are traced via lot codes)

Client A orders from us, and we sell product to them, and go through the normal sales order process, fulfillment, invoicing.

(i.e.: Client A orders 100 of item X from us, we fulfill 100 of X, and invoice them for 100, but we just don't ship the product out, it stays at our facility). And at this point, the 100 units are now completely out of our system. And Dear has recorded the lot code of this 100 item order, as just going to Client A.  When technically we are not shipping them to Client A, they will be shipped to a bunch of different website customers of Client A.  I need a way to automatically track these lot codes that are going to each customer in case of a recall.  Right now I'm using an excel file, and that is not a great option.

I tried asking Dear support about this, and got no helpful responses...

I know I could always just invoice Client A, and then not "fulfill" their order in Dear, but that brings up some logistical issues.  If the order is for 100 units.  And then say I get 33 website orders for 3 items each.  that is 99 total units sold, then I can another order for 5 units.  I can no longer fulfill this order, as there is only 1 item left to fulfill on the sales order, but the order is for 5 units.  Dear has no way to deal with this as far as I know...

Our client does use shipstation for their web site fulfillment, so I don't know if that helps open any options for a more automated/easier process for us to track their shipments & lot codes.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to implement this?

1 person has this question

• Defining eCommerce Fulfillment

eCommerce fulfillment refers to the part of your eCommerce business that involves the operations post receiving the order. These include the picking, packing, shipping, and delivery of products to the customer's doorstep.

Admin

Apps4Rent | O365CloudExperts | CloudDesktopOnline

• Great! I will be a potential customer of yours

cookie clicker

• HUH ??

these 2 comments have nothing to do with my original question..... ???

• Great! I'm interested in becoming a customer of yours. among us

• I am very happy to see your article, I very much like and brawlhalla online agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. This is really a very useful information in my life. I will share free games online it with my friends

• Dazzling! Incomprehensible article man! Thankful to you, However I am encountering issues with your RSS. I don't appreciate the inspiration driving why I can't oblige it. Is there some other individual having an identical RSS issues? Any individual who enjoys the fitting reaction will you liberally respond? Much appreciated!! <a href=https://tipsmafia.org/filmygood/">filmygood</a>

• Are you tired of writing homework every day or so? Unfortunately, your professor keeps on assigning a new project every week. If you feel that you cannot give your best in your homework writing or are feeling tired, then can order "do my homework online" services and hire experts writer such as British Assignment Writers. All Assignment Help has a highly educated and talented experienced writers team. they do on-time delivery of your project and also offer the best and cheap services.

• Having over 5 years of professional experience, I have got an excellent academic record culminating into a PhD. Having years of professional All Assignment Help experience with GreatAssignmentHelper.com, I have been providing bespoke and Online Assignment Helper to understudies across the world at the most affordable rates and helped them excel academically.

Login or Signup to post a comment

1 person has this question