Customise your organisation settings and preferences through the General Settings page. In this article, we will explain the functions of all the settings you can customise in DEAR Inventory.
- Read the Getting Started Guide
- Users will need the Settings: Your Company - General Settings permission to make changes.
Access your organisation's General Settings by going to Settings → General Settings. Remember to Save any changes before exiting the screen.
Table of Contents
- Security Settings
- Financial Settings
- Product & Measurements Settings
- Purchase Process Customisation
- Sale Process Customisation
- Production Process Customisation
- Rounding Table
- Sale Price Tier Names
- Document Numbers
- Multilingual Support
- Gift Card Settings
- Tooltip Settings
- DEAR CRM
Enter the official legal or trading name of your company that will appear on any documents.
Select your base currency in which you operate. This will be the same currency you use in your accounting software. If the base currency is different from the base currency of your customers and your suppliers, DEAR Inventory will automatically create a currency conversion.
This parameter is used for scheduling regular processes (like data consolidation). Make sure it is set to the correct time zone in order to execute processes at the right time.
Your Date Format
Select the date format the way you want it to appear on your documents, on the reports and through the system. You can choose from MM/dd/yyyy, dd/MM/yyyy or yyyy/MM/dd.
Send emails from
Select the email address that will be pre-filled in the From field of email messages. You can select between the Company's billing contact or the Currently logged-in user. To avoid emails sent from DEAR ending up in the trash folder, select the items marked as [sent from the system].
- The Currently logged-in user option will use the email address of the user. To create the Company's billing contact, navigate to Settings → Reference Books → Your Company → Company Contacts. Create a contact with the type Billing and check the Default box.
Add an email sender to CC
The email sender can be included in the CC field to receive a copy of the sent document for recording purposes.
Global BCC address (optional)
Enter in a Global Blind Carbon Copy address which will receive copies of all emails sent from DEAR Inventory (e.g. for auditing purposes).
Read receipt for emails is
You can customise whether you will request Read Receipts for emails to confirm whether the recipient has seen an email.
Open the details in
You can select how the information appears on your screen. It can either be opened in a new tab or in the same tab providing you with the flexibility to work in multiple screens at the same time.
Purchase and Sale headers
This option toggles the visibility of purchase and sale headers. The document header for Purchase and Sale orders contains a lot of information but can be hidden to save space on the screen.
Export CSV File Encoding
This controls what encoding is to be used when exporting data from DEAR as CSV files – ASCII or Unicode (UTF-8). Unicode is required only if data contains non-Latin characters. For example, if you're having difficulty displaying exported data containing Chinese characters, setting this option to Unicode should resolve this issue.
Tax calculation method
Depending on the local legislation or accounting software integrated with DEAR, the user may need to control how the system calculates the taxable amount.
- The Row Total option forces the system to calculate tax on every individual row, round it to 2 decimals and use the sum of the tax values as the total tax value for the document.
- The Document Total option calculates tax for every line and rounds the value to 4 decimals; the total tax is calculated as the sum of all line taxes, then rounded to 2 decimal places.
Maximum decimal places in quantity
Limits the number of digits shown after the decimal point when displaying the quantity of stock in any report.
DEAR has a feature that allows users to send and receive messages to and from other users and groups of users within your organisation. This setting enables in-app messaging.
Credit Hold Grace Period
Customer accounts are put on automatic credit hold once their credit limits have been exceeded and they have outstanding overdue payments. By default, the automatic credit hold will be triggered as soon as the payment is overdue according to the customer payment terms, but this will be delayed by the number of days specified in this setting. See Credit Limits and Credit Hold for more information.
DEAR Inventory offers several features to maintain and enhance the security of your account. For more information, see Account Security Features.
Master users of the organisation can enable two-factor authentication for the organisation here, providing an extra layer of security. Users will need both a password and an authentication code to log in. Two-factor authentication can also be enabled at the user level through the My Account → User Profile page.
Password Change Frequency
Users in your organisation can be forced to change their passwords at regular intervals. Password change frequency can be set to Never (default), every month, every 3 months, every 6 months, every year. The date of the next password change is calculated from when the password was first set, not from when the password change frequency feature was activated.
Some financial settings in DEAR are for recording purposes only, while others affect how depreciation is calculated.
Financial Year End
Specify when your financial year ends. At the moment, this feature has no functionality and is only used for recording purposes.
This is the frequency interval used for calculating your Sales Tax. At the moment, this feature has no functionality and is only used for recording purposes.
Tax ID Number
Enter your organisation's unique taxpayer reference number. At the moment, this feature has no functionality and is only used for recording purposes.
Tax ID Display Name
The display name of your organisation's unique taxpayer reference number. At the moment, this feature has no functionality and is only used for recording purposes.
Reverse current year depreciation
This setting reverses the depreciation calculated for the fixed assets sold or disposed of in the current financial year. This option can be changed at any time and only affects new sales or write-offs. Learn more about Fixed Assets and Depreciation.
Unrealised foreign currency exchange adjustment calculation
When enabled, the unrealised foreign currency exchange adjustment calculation and journal creation are made automatically when closing financial period in Financial periods report.
Carry forward P&L calculation
When enabled, the carry forward P&L calculation and journal creation are made automatically when closing financial period in Financial periods report.
Period Lock Date
Change the Period Lock Date to protect your financial records prepared for the quarter or year end. When you set a lock date, you can't add, edit or delete transactions if the transaction effective date is earlier than the period lock date. You can change or remove the period lock date at any time.
Chart of accounts type
DEAR allows you to select a flat CoA structure or a hierarchical or tree CoA structure (accounts with Xero/QBO integrations can only have flat CoA structure). Tree structures allows organisations to create sub-accounts and consolidate their transactions by levels for summary purposes. See Accounts and Chart of Accounts - Tree Chart of Accounts.
Account code delimiter
This setting is only available when Chart of accounts type is set to Tree structure. This will be used to separate parent accounts from sub accounts when displaying account names.
Product & Measurement Settings
Set the default units of weight and measurement to be used for your products.
Weight Units of Measure
Choose the default units of weight to be used for your inventory products. Multiple imperial and metric options are available.
Dimensions Units of Measure
Choose the default units of measurement to be used for your inventory products. Multiple imperial and metric options are available.
Choose whether to generate SKUs for your stock, service and fixed asset inventory items automatically or manually enter SKUs yourself. Auto-generated SKUs will follow the pattern specified in this setting. SKU auto-generation can be enabled/disabled at any time without affecting existing SKUs. If you choose to auto-generate SKUs, you will need to enter the pattern that DEAR will use for your product and/or service SKUs.
Update Stock Received Date with Transfer Completion Date
When products have a FIFO costing method, products that have been received into your inventory are picked before products that have been received later. Consider two units of the same product, A and B, where A has been received earlier than B. After unit B has been received, unit A is transferred to another location.
- When this setting is disabled, when unit A is transferred to a different location it will maintain its original stock received date and will be picked before unit B.
- When this setting is enabled, when unit A is transferred to a different location, stock received date will be replaced with transfer completion date. Unit B now has the earlier stock received date, and will be picked before unit A.
This can be used in multiple ways to move around the stock and the picking preferences to bring up stock that you want to release ahead of the natural FIFO order.
Recommend batch/serial no. for FIFO/FEFO
This setting applies to sale order fulfilment, stock transfers, and assembly orders, both in DEAR web portal DEAR WMS application. The following options are available:
- Don’t recommend: No warning or restrictions will be displayed if first in/first expired stock has not been selected.
- Recommend and warn: System will direct WMS picker to bins containing the first in/first expired stock. Upon pick authorisation, a warning message will display if stock picked from the bin is not first in/first expired according to product costing method, and the recommended batch/serial no. of first in/first expired stock. User can ignore the warning and pick selected stock, or remove picked items to pick first in/first expired stock.
- Recommend and enforce: System will direct WMS picker to bins containing the first in/first expired stock. Upon pick authorisation, a warning message will display if stock picked from the bin is not first in/first expired according to product costing method, and the recommended batch/serial no. of first in/first expired stock. User must remove picked items to pick first in/first expired stock.
Exclude expired batch/serial numbers
When enabled, system actions such as auto-pick, batch/serial no. recommendation, and auto-consume for production will exclude any stock with expired batch/serial no. This does not apply validation to manual scanning/selection of stock.
Purchase Process Customisation
These settings include a range of parameters to customise the purchase workflow to meet your business process requirements. See Processing a Purchase and DEAR Support – Purchase for more information about the purchasing process, workflow and features.
Default Purchase Method
You can control what method will be used for a new purchase by default: Stock First or Invoice First. This can also be changed from default at the individual purchase level. This will help you cover the GRNI (Goods Received Not Invoiced) and GINR (Goods Invoiced Not Received) scenarios (see below).
Purchase Order will use
Prices for products added to a purchase order will be auto-filled. You can control which prices will show up on the purchase order/invoice once you select a product – either the Latest Supplier's price or the pre-set Fixed Supplier's price. You can change Fixed Supplier prices from the Product details screen. (Inventory → Products → [selected product]). Auto-filled prices can be manually changed on the purchase order.
Customise the sorting order for Purchase Orders, Stock Received and Invoices. DEAR will either keep the order in which products were entered by the user or sort the list of products by name or SKU.
Minimum Before Reorder specified for
The Low Stock Reorder function allows streamlined reordering of stock that is running low, ensuring no sales are lost due to an item being out of stock. Low Stock Reorder is triggered by the Minimum Before Reorder quantity set on the product details screen (Inventory → Products → [selected product]). With this setting, you can choose to set the Minimum Before Reorder and Reorder Quantity on at the product level or location level. In the first case, a reorder event will be triggered when the total quantity of the product is below the minimum in all locations; in the second case, a reorder event will be triggered for every location when the quantity in the location falls below the minimum.
Default Attribute Set
Due to a large number of different requirements from system users, it is quite frequent that there will be a need to collect and store additional information that is not in the default purchase process fields. We have included the ability to create custom fields or Additional Attributes that can be linked to a purchase order. Selecting an attribute set from the drop-down menu will cause the custom fields from this set to appear in the Attributes & Logs tab of your purchase process.
Limit product search by supplier
If this option is enabled, only products supplied by the selected vendor will appear when searching for products for the purchase order. If it is disabled, all inventory products will appear in product search. You can add suppliers to a product through the Suppliers tag on the Product Details screen (Inventory → Products → [selected product]).
Use Put Away
When this option is enabled, the Put Away tab is added to the purchase process after Stock Received. When disabled, only the Stock Received tab will be visible.
Put Away is applicable to Advanced Purchases only – it is not applicable to Simple Purchases. For more information, see Advanced Purchase – Partial Orders/Deliveries.
When enabled, this option splits the receiving process into two steps, namely, Receiving and Put Away. Done through the Stock Received tab, Receiving means to receive goods from the truck. On the other hand, Put Away means to put stock into bins/location after receiving.
If Put Away is enabled and your organisation uses DEAR Warehouse Management System (WMS), it can also be performed from within DEAR WMS. For more information, see DEAR Warehouse Management System.
Enable Accrued Inventory Transactions
Enabling this setting enables Inventory Accrual and Stock in Transit transactions and cost calculation to take place. Inventory Accrual transactions and cost calculation take place when a Stock First Purchase is processed. (Goods Received, Not Invoiced). Stock in Transit transactions are happening when an Invoice First Purchase is processed (Goods Invoiced Not Received).
Goods Received Not Invoiced Account
Select an account for Inventory Accrual (GRNI) transactions (only visible if Accrued Inventory Transactions are enabled). You will need to create a GRNI account in General Settings → Reference Books → Financials → Chart of Accounts if you do not have one yet.
- Required Account Settings:
- Account Type – Current Asset OR Current Liability
- System Account – None
- Doesn't accept payments.
Goods Invoiced Not Received Account
Select an account for Stock in Transit (GINR) transactions (only visible if Accrued Inventory Transactions are enabled). You will need to create a GINR account in General Settings → Reference Books → Financials → Chart of Accounts if you do not have one yet.
- Required Account Settings:
- Account Type – Current Asset
- System Account – None
- Doesn't accept payments.
Unauthorised purchase orders older than a certain threshold can now be archived and removed from the general purchase tasks lists. An Archive button is also displayed on unauthorised orders; clicking the Archive button will immediately archive the document. They can still be viewed by applying the Archived filter on the task lists page. Authorised purchase orders or orders with prepayments cannot be archived by the system.
Archive Purchase Orders older than
Choose the time period for Archiving. Only unauthorised purchase orders without prepayments will be archived.
Enable Order Approval
DEAR allows you to approve purchase orders or mark them as rejected if they have been rejected by the supplier. Rejected orders can be reviewed and reset to draft status if required. See Order Approval for more information.
Default Load Advanced Purchase Order
Enabling this option loads the Advanced Purchase module every time you add a new PO via the Purchases module, which is accessible from Purchase → Search → Purchases. This also applies to Purchase Orders generated from the Reorder and Reorder Backordered functions.
Additional email attachments
This setting allows the user to attach existing attachments for products and suppliers to purchase emails.
Sale Process Customisation
These settings include a range of parameters to customise the sales workflow to meet your business process. See Processing a Sale and DEAR Support – Sale for more information about the sales process, workflow and features.
Assign an invoice number
This setting selects the moment when an invoice number should be assigned to the sale. On sale creation will allocate an invoice number as soon as a sale order is created, On invoice authorisation will postpone allocating an invoice number until the invoice has been authorised.
Default Sale Tax Rule
This will auto-fill the Tax Rule field for new customers; this field can be left blank. The Tax Rule can be changed from default at the individual sale and customer level.
Available quantity is limited to
When selling stock, DEAR calculates available quantity either in all locations or a single location. Use this option to limit the stock available for sale to the location selected in the sale header or allow stock in all locations to be selected.
NOTE: This option is not applied to the B2B portal; location for B2B is taken from B2B portal settings.
On order authorisation auto-assemble
This setting defines the quantity that should be assembled when auto-assembly is triggered from a sale order. This setting will be applied when the sale order is authorised. There are three options:
- Quantity required: Auto-assembly quantity is the same as sales order quantity. Stock availability or other settings are not taken into account.
- Quantity required and maintain minimum stock level quantity: Auto-assembly quantity is calculated as: Sales Order quantity - (Minimum Before Reorder + Reorder Quantity + On Order - Available). Even if Availability is negative, it is considered in the formula and added to the quantity to produce.
- Difference between available quantity and quantity required to cover a shortage: Auto-assembly quantity is calculated as: Quantity in Sales Order - Available - On Order.
Sorting of sale documents can also be customised. Sorting of sale order lines can be according to:
- Screen order (order of creation)
- Alphabetical order
- In order of SKU
- A combination of stock location, custom attributes and screen order.
- This option sorts sale documents like so:
First by Location: Bin (alphanumeric)
- Then by Store Locator (alphanumeric) (If Bin is <BLANK> and there is only one Location then it will sort by Store Locator.)
- Then by Custom Attributes (starting with attribute 1 and working up - alphanumeric)
- Then by Screen order
- This option sorts sale documents like so:
Fill the invoice date
You can select when to fill an invoice date. The invoice date can either be filled in when the invoice is authorised, when the order is authorised, or when the shipment is authorised. This will affect when financial transactions are posted to your accounts. Selecting to have invoice and shipment dates the same will align financial transactions with COGs/stock movement transactions for your financial records. You can also choose whether to fill the invoice date with the current date at the time of the fill or the sale order date.
The Quote part of the sale process can be kept visible or skipped by default if your business does not generate quotes. You can manually change if quotes are used or not at the individual sale level.
You can also automate some or all of the fulfillment process steps. The picking, packing and shipping tabs can either be manually completed or auto-filled if automatic is enabled. Automatic picking is only carried out if sufficient inventory is available to complete the order.
NOTE: Pick and Pack must be set to MANUAL to use the DEAR WMS app.
NOTE: Auto-Pick, Pack and Ship settings do not apply to B2B sales.
Discount rule is
This will let the system process any available discount on a sale by either amending the sale price of the item or recalculating the discount % in the sale order line for the eligible item.
NOTE: Due to a limitation of our system, discounts must be between 0% and 100%. If you want to apply markup with negative discount, please set the Discount rule to Updates the sale price here.
Automatically Apply Discounts
Enable this option to allow DEAR to apply discounts and deals upon the authorisation of a sale order automatically. If this option is disabled, discounts must be manually applied. See Product Discounts for more information on this feature.
Apply customer discount after other discounts
You can enable applying additional customer discounts after product discounts have already been applied. See Product Discounts for more information on this feature.
Default Attribute Set
Due to a large number of different requirements from system users, it is quite frequent that there will be a need to collect and store additional information that is not in the default sale process fields. We have included the ability to create custom fields or Additional Attributes that can be linked to a sales order. Selecting an attribute set from the drop-down menu will cause the custom fields from this set to appear in the Attributes & Logs tab of your sale process.
Show Invoice tab before Fulfillment tab
This setting changes the order of the Invoice and Fulfillment tabs to better reflect your sale workflow.
Make Stock Allocation Optional
When disabled, it is mandatory to allocate stock for the entire order at the time the sale is authorised. When enabled, you can opt not to allocate stock straight away for the orders that are to be fulfilled over an extended period. With optional stock allocation, the stock will not be allocated until the picking stage.
Unauthorised sale quotes older than a certain threshold can now be archived and removed from the general sales tasks lists. An Archive button is also displayed on unauthorised quotes; clicking the Archive button will immediately archive the document. They can still be viewed by applying the Archived filter on the task lists page. Authorised sale quotes or quotes with prepayments cannot be archived by the system.
Archive Sale Quotes older than
Choose the time period for Archiving. Only unauthorised sale quotes without prepayments will be archived.
Default quantity for new line
Set the default quantity for a newly created quote line or order line. By default, the new line quantity is set to 0.
Enable Quote Approval
DEAR allows you to approve quotes or mark them as rejected if they have been rejected by the customer. Rejected quotes can be reviewed and reset to draft status if required. See Quote Approval for more information.
Default Load Advanced Sale Order
Enabling this option loads the Advanced Sale module every time you add a new Sale Order via the Sales module, which is accessible from Sale → Search → Sales. It also means that DEAR will treat all sales from integrated sales channels as Advanced Sales.
Additional email attachments
This setting allows the user to attach existing attachments for products and customers to sale emails.
Default Sales Representative is user creating the sale
This option is relevant to merchants who do not have assigned sales representatives for their customers. When this is enabled,
The email of the user creating the sale is checked to see if it is a Sales contact for the company. If yes, it is selected as the Sales Rep for the sale order. If not, the first option alphabetically from the available options will be used.
Production Process Customisation
These settings include a range of parameters to customise the production workflow to meet your business process. See Getting Started with the Advanced Manufacturing module and DEAR Support – Manufacturing for more information about the sales process, workflow and features.
Parts of the production process can be set to either manual or automatic. This can be configured in Settings → General Settings → Production Process Customisation.
Stock Transfer is Manual/Automatic
- Automatic: When a Production Order is released, Transfer Orders from the connected warehouse (see Logistics Path) to the Production Order location are automatically created for components. Transfer Orders are created with status Ordered and must be completed manually by the user when stock is received.
- Manual: The user must manually create and complete Transfer Orders for the out-of-stock components.
NOTE: Purchase orders will be automatically created only when the supplier is indicated for this component in the product (Inventory → Product → Suppliers tab). See Adding suppliers to a product for more information.
Purchase Order Replenishment is Manual/Automatic
- Automatic: When a Production Order is released with an out-of-stock component, a Purchase Order is generated for the component with delivery to the connected warehouse. Purchase Orders are created with status Ordered and must be completed manually by the user when stock is received.
- Manual: The user must manually create and complete Purchase Orders for the out-of-stock components.
Create Production Order
- Via Smart Reordering: Production Order is not created automatically when Sales Order is authorised. Production Order can be created manually using the Reorder Suggestions page.
- NOTE: Releasing a Production Order created in this way with nested semi-finished components automatically creates Production Orders/Assembly Orders for the semi-finished components with status Released.
- When Order is authorised: Production Order and orders for semi-finished components are created when a Sales Order for a finished good is authorised and backordered. Choosing this setting makes two more settings appear (described next).
- NOTE: Releasing a Production Order created in this way with nested semi-finished Production components automatically creates Production Orders with the same status as the top-level ordere. Assembly Orders will not be generated for semi-finished components with Assembly BOM – these must be raised manually.
Set Order status to
If Create Production Order is set to When order is authorised, this setting will be visible. Created Production Orders can have the status:
- Draft – the user must manually Authorise and Release the Production Order.
- Planned – resource capacity is planned and allocated (see Capacity Planner). The user must manually Release the Production Order.
- Released – resource capacity is planned and allocated, and stock components are allocated. The Production Order will be added to the Scheduler.
On Order Release produce
This setting defines the quantity that should be produced in the Production Order. This setting will be applied when the Production Order is released (setting is not applied for Draft or Planned orders). These quantity calculations only apply to Released orders, Draft and Planned orders will take the quantity from the sale order regardless of this setting. There are three options:
- Produce Quantity required: Production Order quantity is the same as Sales Order quantity. No other product availability or settings are taken into account.
- Produce Quantity required and maintain minimum stock level quantity: Production Order quantity is calculated as: Sales Order quantity + (Minimum Before Reorder + Reorder Quantity - On Order - Available). Even if Availability is negative, it is considered in the formula and added to the quantity to produce.
- NOTE: When retail location is different than Shopfloor location Minimum before reorder and reorder quantity to be used for calculating Quantity to Produce will be taken from Retail Location and Not Shopfloor location.
- Produce Difference between available quantity and quantity required to cover a shortage: Production Order quantity is calculated as: Quantity in Sales Order - Available - On Order.
NOTE: Availability is calculated from:
1. The Reorder level set up for the product at the Shop floor location.
In case if Reorder level is not set up, then Minimum Before Reorder and Reorder Quantity set up in the product document header are considered. See Low Stock Reorder for more information on Reorder levels.
2. The Minimum Before Reorder specified for set up in General Settings → Purchase process customisation.
In case if this setting is set to Every location, then Availability is calculated (summed) for all locations. If this setting is set to Product, then Availability is calculated (summed) for Shop Floor and Retail locations only.
3. Component availability is re-checked whenever the order changes from one status to another (e.g. Planned to Released). If component availability is different from when the Production Order was generated, the user will be able to select whether to keep original order quantity or newly calculated order quantity.
Waste write off
In the course of production some wastage can appear. These can include intermediate or semi-finished products which are unsuitable for production or finished goods which are unsuitable for sale. Waste costs can be either:
- Posted to expense account: Cost of waste is based on the sales price and posted to the specified expense account. Price tier for waste posting is selected in the Production BOM - Cost of Wastage section.
- Included into production cost: Cost of waste is included in the production cost, allocated to finished products according to costing method (sales value method or net realisable value method) selected in the Production BOM - Finished products yield section.
Waste posting account
When Waste write off: Posted to expense account is selected, this dropdown field becomes visible showing expense accounts.
Procurement in co-manufacturing operation
Components for co-manufacturing operation can be procured in three ways:
- Sell components - Buy finished products: Select when components and semi-finished products listed in a co-manufacturing production operation are sold to co-manufacturer. The finished or semi-finished product is then bought from the co-manufacturer. In this procurement mode, co-manufacturing suppliers also require a customer entry which DEAR will generate automatically. The co-manufacturer is the owner of the components, not the merchant, and the cost of the finished product does not include the cost of the components.
- Transfer components - Buy finished products: Select when components are transferred to co-manufacturer for production of a finished product. The merchant is the owner of the components, not the co-manufacturer, and the cost of the finished product includes the cost of the components.
These two modes work well for a merchant who possesses his or her own warehouse and shopfloor. However, for merchants without these facilities these modes are unnecessarily complex. The third procurement mode is for when production is fully outsourced and components are not stored in the merchant’s location
- Purchase components - Buy finished products. Components can be drop-shipped from supplier to co-manufacturer but the merchant retains ownership of the components.
When to transfer finished products to storage location
After production, finished products can be stored in the same location or transferred to another retail, production or warehouse location of your organisation. Delivery locations for each finished product of a production BOM can be specified within the BOM, and also within a production order. DEAR will then generate the necessary transfer orders upon production run or production order completion.
- Don't Transfer: No transfer orders will be generated. Delivery To fields of production BOM and production order will be hidden.
- On Production Run completion: Transfer orders for finished products from the production location to the delivery location will be generated upon Production Run completion. If no delivery location has been specified in the production BOM or a production order, logistics path location will be used.
- On Production Order completion: Transfer orders for finished products from the production location to the delivery location will be generated upon Production Order completion. If no delivery location has been specified in the production BOM or a production order, logistics path location will be used.
Default attribute set
Due to a large number of different requirements from system users, it is quite frequent that there will be a need to collect and store additional information that is not in the default production process fields. We have included the ability to create custom fields or Additional Attributes that can be linked to a sales order. Selecting an attribute set from the drop-down menu will cause the custom fields from this set to appear in the Attributes & Logs tab of your sale process.
DEAR allows you to track components of a finished product either all of the time, some of the time, or optionally at the production BOM level. Finished product and components must have either a batch and/or serial number to be tracked. Please see Production Component Tracking and Traceability for more information.
Components can be sorted when printing production documents according to screen order, alphabetically by name, or alphabetically by SKU.
Calculated prices are rounded up or down based on this rounding table. See Managing Price Tiers – Rounding for more information on this feature.
Sale Price Tier Names
DEAR Inventory lets you set up to 10 Price Tiers for each individual product. Customers are assigned a price tier which sets what price they can buy products for. Price Tier names are set up here in General Settings while Price Tier values are managed from the Inventory module.
Setting prices at the product level is optional since they can also be set and modified at the purchase or sales level.
DEAR generates document numbers for transaction documents (Purchase Orders, Sale Orders, Invoices, etc.) automatically. In this section, you can specify the prefixes/suffixes and starting document numbers for auto-generation.
Products, Customer and Supplier names and details can be entered in multiple languages by enabling this setting. See Multilingual Support for more information. This feature does NOT affect the system text.
- Currently supported languages: English, Czech, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional) and Russian. Contact DEAR support if you wish to use a different language.
- Once you have entered localised names for Products, Customers or Suppliers, do not change the default language to avoid potential system issues.
Gift Card Settings
You can offer Gift Cards to your customers that they can then use to pay for your products and services. Gift Cards can be used for in-app sales as well as for the B2B and POS sale channels. Gift Cards must be enabled here in General Settings before they can be offered to customers.
Enable Gift Card Support
This setting must be enabled to use the Gift Card function and make the other Gift Card Settings visible.
Gift Card Account
Select an account for Gift Card transactions (only visible if Gift Cards support is enabled). You will need to create a Gift Card account in General Settings → Reference Books → Financials → Chart of Accounts if you do not have one yet.
- Required Account Settings:
- Account Type: Current Liability
- System Account: None
- Accepts payments.
Enable Gift Card Expiration
Gift Cards can be issued with or without an expiration date. Enabling Gift Card expiration will make the Default Expiration Period setting visible.
Default Expiration Period
Enabling Gift Card expiration will make the Default Expiration Period setting visible. This setting selects the default Expiration period for issued Gift Cards. You can manually change or remove the Expiration date of individual Gift Cards from default as they are issued. See Generating Gift Cards for more information.
Enable Gift Card refund
When enabled, this setting allows Gift Cards to be refunded or cashed in. Gift Card refund is only available for unused Gift Cards; partial balances cannot be refunded. See Cashing in/Refunding Gift Cards for more information.
Tooltips are present anywhere suppliers, products, stock, customers, and product deals are displayed (see Tooltips in DEAR for more information). The display of these tooltips in the system is configured under the Tooltip Settings section in General Settings.
Tooltips are turned on by default, as seen in the marked checkboxes. To turn off a tooltip, uncheck a box. To turn a tooltip back on, check the corresponding box from the list. For example, if you previously turned off tooltips by unmarking all checkboxes, you can enable all tooltips again by marking all the boxes.
The CRM module helps organisations streamline processes, build customer relationships, increase sales and improve customer service.
Enable Opportunity approval
DEAR allows you to approve sale opportunities or mark them as rejected if they have been rejected by the customer. Rejected sale opportunities can be reviewed and reset to draft status if required.