DEAR POS offers a simple, easy-to-use Loyalty system where your customers earn dollars to spend in your store every time they make a purchase.
The aim of a loyalty program is to increase customer retention and provide you with valuable information about your customer base.
- See DEAR POS - Getting Started and Information
- Set up an expense account for customer loyalty transactions
Table of Contents
- Configure Loyalty settings
- Customise Loyalty
- Using Loyalty
Configure Loyalty Settings
Loyalty is enabled and configured through the DEAR web interface.
- Navigate to Integrations → Dear POS.
- Click the Setup tab and scroll to Account & Cash settings.
- Check Enable loyalty, then select an expense account for customer loyalty program transactions.
- Enter an Earning Loyalty. This corresponds to how much the customer has to spend to earn $1 (or one unit of your business's base currency).
- Click Save.
All products in your store will be automatically allocated the Earning Loyalty amount specified in the Setup tab. e.g. by default, the customer has to spend $20 to earn $1 of loyalty.
You can choose to customise the loyalty amount on certain products. This allows you to set higher or lower loyalty amounts on selected products.
To customise loyalty for individual products:
- Click the Catalog tab.
- Select the product you wish to customise.
- Enter the Earning Loyalty amount for that product.
- Click Save.
Loyalty amounts will be earned on all sales to eligible customers. Your customers can redeem their loyalty on any products in your store.
Each time a customer makes a purchase, their receipt will include the Loyalty they earn as well as the total Loyalty balance available for use when making a purchase.
Partial payments with Loyalty
If a customer pays for part of their purchase with Loyalty, they will earn Loyalty on a percentage of the sale.
For example, if 25% of a sale was paid with Loyalty, the customer will earn Loyalty on the remaining 75% of the sale only. Let's use the following as an example.
A customer's total purchase amounts to $60. The customer pays 25% of the sale with Loyalty ($15) and 75% with their own money ($45). This will mean that they will not earn loyalty points on the entire sale ($60). Rather, they will earn Loyalty on the sale that they have paid with their own money ($45). If customers earn 10% of the sale amount as loyalty, the customer earns $4.50 of Loyalty for the $60 purchase.
Loyalty and discounts
When you discount a product in a sale, Loyalty will be earned on the sale price, not the full price.
For example, if a product's full price is $12 and it is on sale at $6, loyalty will be earned on the $6, rather than the full $12.
Customers can pay with Loyalty by simply selecting the Loyalty Button when making a purchase. Customers can choose to:
- Pay the entire purchase with Loyalty.
- Pay part of the sale with Loyalty.
If the customer does not have enough Loyalty to pay for the sale, a message will appear asking the customer if they would like to make a partial loyalty payment.
The customer can click Make Partial Payment and then choose another payment method to finalize the balance.
Returns and Loyalty
When you return a product, the loyalty amount associated with that item will be removed from the customer's account.
Turn Loyalty Off for Existing Customers
Although customers are automatically signed up to your Loyalty Program, you can manually disable customers from earning Loyalty points.
To remove a customer from your Loyalty Program:
- On DEAR POS, open the side panel on the left and click Customers.
- From the list, select the customer you would like to view.
- Click the button to disable Loyalty.
- Tap Save to apply the changes.
NOTE: If the Customer Loyalty option is disabled within the DEAR POS setup page, any historical information attributed to the loyalty program will not be visible within DEAR POS.