The DEAR Inventory B2B eCommerce Portal enables your customers to browse and order from your catalogue 24/7. You can watch a video tutorial on the B2B Portal or read this article.
Our online portal provides a scalable and flexible platform uniquely focused on companies doing business with each other. For example, manufacturers selling to distributors and wholesalers selling to retailers.
- Set up Contacts (required)
- Set up Addresses (required)
- Set up Locations (required)
- Set up Accounts (required)
- Familiarity with Processing a Sale (recommended)
Table of Contents
- Setting up your portal
- Content Pages
- Email Templates
- Price Lists
- Ordering through the B2B Portal
Setting Up your portal
To begin setting up your custom B2B portal, navigate to Integration > DEAR B2B Portal.
Add New Shop
To add a new shop portal:
- Click + to Add a new shop.
- Enter a name for your portal (for internal use).
- Specify a unique domain name which will be used by your customers to access the portal.
NOTE: You can also specify a custom domain name for your portal. See Custom Domain for Portal for more information.
- This can be repeated for as many portals as you require. You may have several portals for different customers, each with different lists of products to sell.
In this section, you can manage the settings and customise preferences for the custom portals you have added to DEAR Inventory. Select a portal from the top of the screen to change its settings.
Your store URL is a link to your custom B2B portal. The URL can be changed at any point with Change Domain. Once changed, customers with the previous URL will no longer be able to access your store.
Is active allows you to activate/deactivate the portal. Once a portal is deactivated, your customers are no longer able to log in and browse your products. You may consider deactivating the account during maintenance of the product listings or any other changes being implemented.
Allow backorder allows you to enable/disable back ordering if an order is placed through your B2B portal for an item that is not in stock. See Back Orders for more information on the backorder function.
Portal Type is set to B2B. In the future, once the planned DEAR B2C Portal functionality is in production, you should be able to select B2C using this setting.
Portal Contacts allows selecting your Company Contact’s details. This will be displayed in the portal's footer. Company contacts can be managed in Settings > Reference Books > Company Contacts.
Portal Address allows choosing the Company Address to be displayed in the portal's footer. Company addresses can be managed in Settings > Reference Books > Company Addresses.
Portal Location is one of the locations you have set up in DEAR to manage your inventory. Orders placed by customers via the portal will be automatically marked for fulfilment from this location, with the portal reflecting the stock quantity held in the location. However, the portal location can be changed when performing the Pick for the Order or in the Sale Order header. You can manage locations in Settings > Reference Books > Locations and Bins.
Show product images in the Shopping Cart allows toggling whether customers will see product images in the shopping cart. Only 10 images can be shown per product.
Sales Representative allows you to enter the sales representative you would like to associate with the sale orders generated via the portal. This is a text field.
Create Sale As chooses how sales created via portal are automatically generated in DEAR. There are 3 options:
- Authorised Quote – does not reserve inventory and is a quote only.
- Authorised Order – reserves inventory for the order and is ready for fulfilment steps Pick, Pack, Ship and invoicing.
- Authorised Invoice – reserves inventory for the order and is ready for fulfilment steps Pick, Pack, Ship with customer invoice authorised and available for sync with your accounting application. If you are going to allow payments using credit account, select this option.
Invoice Template allows selecting a template for invoice printing from the Web Portal. Templates can be managed in Settings > Documents and email templates.
Default Revenue Account is an account in your Chart of Accounts that will be used for portal sales. If left blank, product, customer or default account mapping will apply to sales generated via the portal.
Show Available Quantity lets you choose from three (3) options for showing remaining available item quantities to customers:
- Hide – available quantity will not be shown
- In/out of stock – actual quantity will not be shown. Customers will only see In or Out of stock.
- Show Quantity – available quantity for the product will be shown
Show Price before Discount lets you choose whether or not the pre-discount price (if applicable) for an item is displayed crossed out next to the discount price.
Family Price Format for product families specifies the order in which prices are displayed.
Products List Layout lets you choose the layout for how product tiles are displayed on the web portal.
Show tax percentages lets you choose to show tax percentages on the Checkout page.
Hide images in Product List lets you choose to hide images from product tiles in product list.
Price List Template lets you select a Price List Template for invoices printing from Web Portal. A basic Price List Template is selected by default. Templates can be created and managed in Settings > Documents and email templates.
Include Available Quantity in Price List lets you choose to show the Available Quantity column in your price lists.
Allow Guest Access lets you enable the Continue as Guest link in the web portal login page.
Price Tier For Guest User lets you selects the price tier for users accessing the portal as guests. Only available if Allow Guest Access is enabled. For more information, see Price Tiers.
Google Analytics Tracker ID lets Google Analytics users embed analytics tracking on all portal pages.
On All Orders page controls whether to show all orders from other sales sources or from the B2B portal only.
Tag name for NEW products allows you to specify a tag name that will be used for all new products.
Show Extra Parameters lets you choose where on the Portal extra parameters will be shown.
Shipping Service lets you choose from either Manual Shipping Methods or Shipping Zones as your shipping service.
Show Additional Attributes lets you choose whether to show additional product attributes on the Portal.
Minimum Order Amount allows you to specify the minimum amount for orders placed on the Portal.
Show Deal Information in Shopping Cart Page lets you choose whether to show deal information on your customer's Shopping Cart on the Portal.
RRP Price Tier refers to the product's retail price. This is set to Do Not Show RRP Price by default, meaning that the retail price will not be displayed on the Portal unless this is set to display a preselected price tier. You can change this to your preferred price tier in DEAR. Price tiers are configured in a product's details page in DEAR Inventory. For more information on price tiers, see Managing Price Tiers.
Here, you can specify the URLs of all platforms you use to communicate with your customer base. These links will be added to a Follow Us section on the portal page.
In this section, you can create all Shipping Methods available for customers using your B2B portal.
Click Shipping Method or Add All Existing Carriers and enter the Name, Amount and mark Shipping Method as active.
Tax rules associated with the customer record in DEAR will be applied to the Shipping Method you select and tax will be calculated accordingly in the Sale Invoice.
The Users/Stores are able to set the estimated delivery date within the order information for Customers who place orders through the B2B portal. The Date field in the DEAR Sale order can be used to set this requirement.
In this section, you can create all payment methods available for customers using your B2B portal. Click Payment Method, enter Name and select Method type, then mark it as active.
Set Credit Account as the payment method to allow customers to use their credit accounts for B2B Online Portal transactions.
Custom Domain for Portal
Under this section, the required parameters for your custom domain name are set. These parameters include the custom domain name, the SSL certificate file in the .pfx format required for the Microsoft IIS server, and the SSL certificate password. Once these parameters are entered, click the Set Custom Domain to point your B2B Portal to your own custom domain. Click here for more information.
Clicking Remove Store will completely wipe sales history from the Log tab and any portal settings entered previously. Please consider unchecking the Is Active box in General Settings if you would like to only temporarily disable the portal.
In the Appearance tab, you can customise how your portal or portals look to your customers. You can upload your company logo, change the portal colour scheme and change how your customers browse your products via the navigation bars.
To upload a company logo:
- Click Browse and choose a file to upload. Recommended size of the logo is 200 x 100 pixels.
- Click Save to complete.
In this section, you can further customise the appearance of your portal by changing the colour schemes of the Header, Content and Footer areas.
Navigation bars will determine how customers browse your products in the portal. Horizontal and vertical bars can be used simultaneously to display Categories, Tags or Brands. The horizontal bar will display options at the top of the B2B screen. The vertical bar will display options on the left side of the B2B screen.
To set up portal navigation bars:
- Select what type of data you would like to show in Horizontal or Vertical navigation bars. Choose Disabled as an option in the dropdown menu to remove that bar from your portal.
- Click Add to select from one of the options Categories, Tags or Brands.
- Click Save at the top of the settings page to complete.
This section contains four page elements which can be used to further customise the appearance of your portal.
Click Section and add a Name, select Section Type and tick whether you would like the section to be visible to your customers.
There are three types of page elements available for selection.
A slide show of images appearing in a sequence. Recommended image size is 930x300px.
Once you have selected a Carousel element, click Link and then Select a file to upload an image. The next step is to link the image to product/s appearing in your portal. Use Filtered by drop down to filter products based on Brand, Category, Product (select specific product), Tag or enter URL. Repeat this process for every image you would like to add to the carousel.
Group of banners
Group of banners is essentially a group of images which will appear next to one another on the portal.
Click Link to select and upload an image and then link the image to product/s appearing in your portal. Use Filtered by to filter products based on Brand, Category, Product (select specific product), Tag or enter URL.
Tabs element creates horizontal tabs which can be linked to product Tags.
Once you have selected Tabbed Pane element click Tag and enter Title and start typing the tag you wish to associate with the new tab.
Menus and Catalog
Element refers to the Horizontal and Vertical navigation bars which can be managed via the Setup tab. It is included by default and you can only have one.
In this section you can manage various information pages you would like to include in the footer of your B2B portal. The portal footer can include info such as Terms and Conditions, About Us, FAQs etc.
To add a new page to the B2B portal footer:
- Click + Section.
- Enter new Page Title and begin creating/formatting the text, table or image content you would like to make visible to your customers. The editor accepts HTML code so you can copy and paste content from an existing website or edit directly in the editor.
- Click Save to complete.
The B2B Portal includes the following standard email templates that are sent to B2B portal users:
- Invitation to the B2B portal - standard email invitation sent to customers that contains a link to your B2B portal
- invoices for orders - standard email template containing invoices for selected orders pulled from the B2B Orders page
- Reset password - standard email template containing a link to the Reset Password page
You can edit these templates from the Email Templates tab. The editor accepts HTML code so you can copy and paste content from an existing email template or edit directly in the editor. Once you are done editing a template, click Save.
In this section, you can show or hide products from appearing in the customer’s B2B portal view. Each portal can display a specific catalogue of products, for example, if you maintain multiple brands, you may consider publishing products from a specific brand to a particular B2B portal associated with this brand.
To change which products are visible in the customer's B2B portal view:
- Make sure the correct portal is selected before making any changes to the catalogue listings.
- Use one of the available options (Category, Family, Product Tag or Brand) to filter products you would like to list/delist.
- Use List or Delist to publish or remove the product. If a selection is not made or a search for a product is performed, all products will be listed/delisted.
- Click Save to complete the procedure.
You can create custom Price Lists which customers will be able to download directly from your portal. Please note that price lists can only be downloaded by customers who are logged in, not accessing the portal as a guest.
You can create Price Lists for Brands, Categories, Tags or any combinations of these.
To add a new price list:
- Click + Price List.
- Enter a Price List Name.
- Choose which Brands, Categories and/or Tags to add to the price list, and click Add.
- Click Save to complete the procedure.
The look of your template can be customised in Settings > Documents and email templates.
To view price lists:
- Log in to the B2B portal as a customer.
- Go to My Account > Price Lists.
- Choose the desired format for the Price List and download.
The Sales tab is a log of all Sales created by customers via the portal. The list of sales can be filtered based on the status of the order which you can select from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can also search for an order by typing in the search box.
You're now ready to invite customers individually to order your products from your portal. Once invited, your customer will receive an email inviting them to create an account on your B2B portal.
To invite your customers to use the B2B portal:
- Navigate to Sale > Customers.
- Select a customer. You will need to ensure that the customer record contains a Contact with a valid email address.
- In the Invitations tab, use the Invite button (denoted by an envelope icon) to send an email invitation to your customer. You can remove access for a customer in the future by clicking the trash icon.
- You can also invite customers directly from the B2B integration page. In the B2B Integration page, go to Invitations.
- Select any customers with NOT ACTIVE status that you want to invite, and click Invite Selected.
- To remove a customer's access, you can select customers with ACTIVE status and click Revoke Selected.
For Sales Reps
Some customers prefer to use a Sales Rep to order on their behalf.
To invite a Sales Rep to your B2B portal:
- Click Sale Rep Invitation in the Invitations tab.
- Enter the Sale Rep's email address, then click Send the invitation. The Sales Rep will then be sent an invitation to sign up to the B2B portal, where they can make sales on behalf of any active customer.
The B2B portal functions very similarly to any standard eCommerce platform, with a few additional features and functionalities tailored to B2B customers.
In the page footer, customers can access the Quick Order and Bulk Order functions. Products with multiple variants (size, colour) have a matrix table for easy selection of multiple variants in a single order. A maximum of 10 images per product can be viewed from the Products page.
Wholesale and retail prices, if available, are also viewable on the Products page. The retail price is taken from the RRP price tier, which is defined in the DEAR B2B Setup tab.
If a certain product deal is created to provide a discount for a certain quantity purchased, and if the user selects that product and checks out, a label is displayed below the Quick Order page's Quantity field mentioning the amount of items of the product the customer should buy to avail of the discounted price.
Information related to orders can be viewed on the B2B portal's Order Info page. Aside from the order number and other relevant order info, the delivery address, expected delivery date, tracking number, and carrier are also displayed on the page.
Once the order is finished and the customer goes through the checkout process, a sales task will be created which can be accessed through DEAR Inventory as usual.