You can have your B2B portal on your own custom domain name rather than the default DEAR portal address.
To bind your custom Domain Name to your DEAR Portal, you need to create a CNAME entry in your domain hosting provider's DNS service that points to your B2B Portal permanent address (<your_portal_name>.dearportal.com).
Each domain registrar has a different way of doing this — you may need to check with your provider for assistance in case you have any difficulty binding a custom domain name to your DEAR B2B Portal.
- Set up your DEAR B2B portal (required)
- Have a custom domain name ready (required)
To bind a custom domain to a DEAR B2B portal:
- Log on to your domain registrar account.
- Create a CNAME record. Your domain registrar's knowledge base or support team will be able to provide you specific information on how to go about doing this.
- Use the following settings:
- Alias — the domain you want your store to be on (e.g. mydomain.com or xxxxx.mydomain.com)
- Host / Points to — your B2B Portal permanent address (e.g. myshop.dearportal.com)
- TTL — the length of time the server caches the information, measured in seconds (e.g. 3600).