You can try DEAR for 14 days free of charge. Before or after completing your free trial, you can subscribe to DEAR to keep using the system. You can modify your subscription to add/remove users and other features at any time. You can also track your payment history with DEAR and refer more users for a discount.
NOTE: We are aware some clients are having trouble with auto-pay for their recurring billing agreements. If this is your issue, please get in touch with DEAR Customer Support so we can resolve this with you.
Table of Contents
- Signing Up for a Free Trial
- Subscribing to DEAR
- Viewing/Modifying my Subscription and Details
- Dedicated database server
- Payment History
- Referral Program
Signing Up for a Free Trial
If you're new to DEAR, you can check out its features by using a no-obligation 14-day free trial. You will not be charged anything nor will you be asked to provide a credit card during the trial period. However, to continue using DEAR after the trial period, you will need to subscribe to DEAR (for more information, see Subscribing to DEAR).
To sign up for your free trial:
- Open the DEAR website and click Start my 14-Day Free Trial. You can also go directly to the DEAR registration page by clicking this link.
- Enter your full name and email address, and nominate a password, which you will need to enter twice.
NOTE: If your organisation uses QuickBooks and/or Xero, you can sign up for the free trial with your active Intuit (the company behind QuickBooks) or Xero account. If you use other Intuit products such as TurboTax and/or Mint, you can also use your Intuit account to sign up for DEAR. See Signing Up for DEAR with Intuit and Xero for more information.
- Click Next.
- On the Create your Organization page, enter the information required to set up your account. Ensure that a valid email address is entered - this is where we will send the login information for your master user account. You will also need to enter a valid phone number that we can verify via a voice call or SMS.
- Click Next.
- Verify your phone number via either a voice call or SMS, enter the one-time password (OTP) from DEAR on the designated box, then click Submit Code (see Phone Verification during the Account or Partner Registration Process for more information). DEAR will then set up your free 14-day trial account.
Subscribing to DEAR
So you've enjoyed using DEAR Systems trial, and you want to subscribe – great! To get started, navigate to the My Account → My Subscription page and click Subscribe to get started.
If you don't want the Trial Data carried over to your live account, you can delete it before subscribing from the My Subscription page. See Deleting Trial Data for more information.
After clicking Subscribe, you can choose the options for your new account. Select as many users, APIs, POS connections, B2B portal connections and external integrations as your business needs. Billing can be on a monthly or annual basis.
Next, you will be taken through to a secure payment page to complete your subscription. After the payment, you will receive a confirmation email and, in the case of monthly billing, a recurring billing agreement to authorise DEAR to take monthly payments from your account. If the recurring billing agreement is not signed, the account will return to trial status after the paid month is completed.
NOTE: If you encounter errors during payment processing, you may try the operation again following the instructions that appear on-screen or you can get in touch with DEAR Customer Support.
Annual subscriptions do not renew automatically – when your annual account is about to expire, you will be sent a notification reminding you to renew your subscription.
Deleting Trial Data
You have the option to only perform a Transactional Data Reset, or a Full Data Reset. This option is only available on trial/demo accounts and is only visible to the master user of the organisation.
Account reset is irreversible. Once done, there is no way to restore your data.
Transaction Data Reset:
Full Data Reset:
Viewing/Modifying my Subscription and Details
You can view your subscription status, e.g. Annual/Monthly plan status, number of active users, and plan expiry date, on the Account → My Subscription page. If your organisation is on the Monthly plan, you will also see an option to change the payment details on this page.
Click Update anytime to change your subscription options (adding/removing users, POS, APIs, B2B portals, etc.).
- Monthly: For changes to monthly subscription plans, updated charges will be processed on the next scheduled monthly payment date.
- Annual: For changes to annual subscription plans, you will be asked to pay a prorated charge for the additional users/features based on the remaining term of your subscription.
You also have the option to change from a monthly plan to an annual plan, which can be done at any time. Annual plans can only be converted to monthly plans at the end of the paid annual period.
If your DEAR account has expired, you can reactivate it on this page (Account > My Subscription).
Dedicated database server
Using a dedicated database server ensures that your DEAR application performance cannot be affected by other DEAR users, giving a more stable and consistent experience Users with a dedicated DB server are not restricted in numbers of API calls. . This option is recommended for customers with high volumes of sales.
Click Update on the My subscription page to modify your subscription to include a dedicated database server. There are three options:
- Small database server (6 CPU cores, up to 50,000 sale orders per month)
- Medium database server (8 CPU cores, up to 100,000 sale orders per month)
- Large database server (10 CPU cores, more than 100,000 sale orders per month)
This change is permanent. If you move to a dedicated database server, it is not possible to return back to a shared database.
On the My Subscription page, you can view all payments made to DEAR for this account. Each payment includes a link to the invoice for that payment.
NOTE: The Referral Credit Program has replaced the Referral Discount Program for users joining DEAR after May 2019.
Earn referral credit and reduce your subscription fee by referring someone who you think should be using DEAR Inventory. When they sign up for an Active Subscription, you will earn a Referral Credit of 10% of their Total Payment amount which you can use for your next payment. The customer you invited to DEAR receives a discount of 10% for 6 months on their base plan. See Referral Credit Program for more details.
Invite new customers via email with your referral code or share your unique referral code on social media. Your current referrals are displayed in the table in this section. Your referral credit and discount if applicable are displayed in the Subscription Details section at the top of the My Subscription page.
For users who joined before May 2019: You can earn a discount for your plan by inviting other businesses to DEAR with your unique referral code. Each customer who joins a paid DEAR subscription gets you a 10% discount on your paid plan while they maintain an active subscription. Your current referrals are displayed in the table below.
NOTE: Discounts only apply to monthly plans.