DEAR allows you to mark purchase orders as rejected if they have been rejected by the supplier. When order approval is enabled, two new options are added to filter the purchase list, Rejected and All but Rejected and Voided.
- Processing a Purchase (required)
Table of Contents
- Enable Order Approval
- Approve or Reject Orders
- Review Rejected Orders
- Users will need the Settings: Your Company - General Settings permission to enable/disable order approval.
- Users will need the Purchase Task – Order Approve/Reject/Review to approve, reject, and review orders.
Enable Order Approval
Order Approval is enabled from the General Settings.
- Navigate to General Settings → Purchase process customisation.
- Change Enable Order Approval to Yes. This will automatically enable Quote Approval as well.
Approve or Reject Orders
Order Approval is applied to Simple Purchases, Service Purchases and Advanced Purchases.
Once an order is authorised, instead of going directly to the Stock Received or Invoice tab, the options Reject and Approve will appear.
- Clicking Approve will continue to the next tab as usual to continue the purchase process.
- Clicking Reject will convert the purchase order to a rejected purchase order. Rejected purchase orders are read-only, and payments cannot be applied.
Review Rejected Orders
Rejected orders will display a Review button. Clicking Review returns the order to Draft status, where it can be authorised again, and the purchase process can be continued.