Reports can be run daily, weekly or monthly, and sent to those who need them directly from within the Automation module.
NOTE: Access to the Automation module requires adding a subscription to the module to your DEAR Inventory paid plan. See Adding Trials of the POS, B2B, API and Automation Modules to Paid Plans for more information.
- Purchase Automation module subscription (required)
- Set up Mailing Lists (required)
Scheduling a Report:
- Navigate to Settings → Automation.
- Click Report Scheduling.
- On the Scheduled Reports page, click the + button on the top left.
- In the New Scheduled Report popup, toggle the Active button to Yes, then select the report to be scheduled from the list. Select a name for your report to distinguish it from other scheduled reports of the same type.
- Next, select Layout & Period. Layout options are determined by layouts you have configured in the report screen. At a minimum, you will be asked to select a report period. Some more complex reports will also prompt you to select other parameters such as report currency that are necessary to run the report correctly.
- Next, select Additional parameters, the date and time to schedule the first report, frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or custom), report format (PDF, RPT, and Excel with totals or without totals) and the mailing list/s to which the report will be sent.
- Save your changes to add the report to the list of scheduled reports.