DEAR Payments has predefined email templates that need to be activated before the system can automatically send them out to you and your customers upon completion of a corresponding action. Templates are managed from the Emails tab on the DEAR Payments Dashboard.
Aside from activating email templates, the Emails tab allows customising the following email templates:
- Refund Received
- Payment Receipt
- Dispute Resolved.
If you have an existing paid subscription to the Automation module, you can also go to the Activate Notifications tab and activate the predefined notifications which will then be displayed in the notification area in DEAR Inventory.
- Active DEAR Inventory subscription (required)
- Enabled DEAR Payments integration (required)
Table of Contents
Manage Email Templates
Email templates under the Email sent to Merchant by DEAR section under the Activate Emails tab are enabled by default.
On the other hand, email templates under the Email sent to Customer by Merchant section under the Activate Emails tab are disabled by default.
To activate/deactivate an email template:
- Under the Emails tab on the DEAR Payments Dashboard, click Activate Emails.
- Toggle the buttons to enable/disable the selected email templates.
NOTE: Hover your cursor over an email template to view its description.
Customise Email Templates
Email templates that can be customised from the Emails tab include Refund Received, Payment Receipt and Dispute Resolved.
To customise an email template:
- Under the Emails tab on the DEAR Payments Dashboard, click Configure Emails.
- Click the email template to be customised.
- Drag the parameters displayed at the top to the desired position to the email template.
- Once satisfied with the look of the template, click Save. To cancel your changes, click Reset to default.
If you have an existing paid subscription to the Notifications module, all predefined DEAR Payments notifications under the Activate Notifications tab will appear in the notification area in DEAR Inventory.
If you do not have an existing paid subscription to the Notifications module, this feature will not be available for you. To know more about subscribing to the Notifications module, see Adding Trials of the POS, B2B, API and Automation Modules to Paid Plans.
If you do not want an existing notification to appear in the notification area, you can deactivate it. To deactivate a notification:
- Under the Emails tab on the DEAR Payments Dashboard, click Activate Notifications.
- Toggle the buttons to disable the selected notifications.
NOTE: Hover your cursor over a notification to view its description.