Bulk supplier payments allow you to pay some or all of your outstanding invoices for a supplier at once.
Both QuickBooks Online users and Xero Accounting users have the ability to add payments to supplier invoices within the accounting application and then synchronise the information over to DEAR Inventory or add payments in DEAR and sync them to your accounting software. Xero users need to ensure that the correct payment settings are enabled, QuickBooks Online users will sync payments automatically.
- (Xero Users) Set up correct payment parameters (necessary)
- Have outstanding invoices for at least one supplier (necessary)
Table of Contents:
Set up payment parameters (Xero only)
If you are using Xero as your accounting system, you will need to set up the right payment parameters in DEAR. This step is not applicable to QuickBooks Online users and those using DEAR as a standalone accounting system.
To correctly set up Xero payment parameters:
- Navigate to Integration → Xero.
- Check that Xero Payments are either set to Synced in both ways or Pushed to DEAR.
Apply bulk payment
Pay off some or all of your outstanding invoices with a supplier at once using bulk payments.
To apply the bulk payment:
- Navigate to Purchase → Bulk Payment.
- Select a Supplier from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Period you would like to view for the invoices that are due.
- Click Show Due Invoices.
- If the currency of the supplier is different from your own base currency, you will also be required to provide a Conversion Rate.
- Select a Payment Date.
- Select the Account from which the payment is to be made.
- Provide a Reference.
- Enter the Amount to be paid to the supplier. The total outstanding amount is shown at the bottom of the table of outstanding invoices. The remaining unallocated payment is shown to the top right of the table.
- Click Pay to confirm the payment.
- Synchronise that payment transaction by hovering the mouse over Sync and the company name and then clicking the Sync Now button (for Xero and Quickbooks Online users).