Factory Calendar is part of the production module. It defines the working days and working hours for the planning period. The calendar can then be used to ensure accurate capacity planning and scheduling.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Production module features will not work if Factory Calendar is not configured.
Table of Contents
- Setting up the Factory Calendar
- Editing the Factory Calendar
Set up the Factory Calendar
Factory Calendar can be set up in the Production module settings: Main Menu → Production → Settings → Set up Calendar.
To set up the Factory Calendar, it is needed to set up:
- default operational hours and working days
- holidays/days off
- custom working hours.
NOTE: Custom operational hours and breaks (non-operational intervals) can be set at the resource level. Resources can also be set to work on weekends and/or holidays.
Set default operational hours and working days
The first step is to set default operational hours for production in a default warehouse location using the calendar on this screen.
- Click Calendar Settings to open a pop-up window.
- From the drop-down list, select the day of the week on which the workweek starts.
- Open the Select weekend days drop-down list. Click on a day of the week to mark it as a weekend (weekend days are displayed in grey).
- Set the start time, end time and break for each day of the week by clicking on the field for that day. Factory Calendar only allows for one break per day. You can click the copy icon at the end of a row to apply the hours from that row to all weekdays.
- Start is the time when the working day starts, in the format hh:mm. The Start time can't be later than the End time. The field accepts any values for hours from 0 to 24, for minutes from 0 to 60.
- End is the time when the working day ends, in the format hh:mm. The End time can't be earlier than the Start time. The field accepts any values for hours from 0 to 24, for minutes from 0 to 60.
- Break is the time period for the break, in the format hh:mm - hh:mm. The Start of the break can't be later than the End of the break. The fields accept any values for hours from 0 to 24, for minutes from 0 to 60.
- Click Apply Changes to close the pop-up window.
- Save your changes.
Set holidays and days off
The calendar for the year is shown on the left side of the Factory Calendar screen. Holidays are shown in a list on the right.
- Click days in the calendar to add holiday entries to the right. You can also add holidays by clicking the + button and entering a date.
- Enter an optional holiday description.
- Holidays can be deleted by clicking the X button to the right of the entry. Holiday dates and descriptions can be edited by clicking on their name field.
- Save changes to finish.
Set custom working hours
DEAR allows you to set custom working hours for some days of the year.
NOTE: These custom operational hours do NOT have priority over custom operational hours for a Resource.
- Click the + button next to Custom working hours to add a date and set its custom operational hours.
- Custom working hours can be deleted by clicking the X button to the right of the entry. Custom hours can be edited by clicking on their name field.
- Save changes to finish.
Editing the Factory Calendar (Factory Calendar)
Factory calendar editing has a direct influence on the following parts of Production Module:
Editing the start of the working week, weekend days, and holidays will cause changes in the Scheduler and Capacity Planner.
- Changes are applied only for the orders created after editing the work week/weekend/ holidays. The operations of the Scheduler are rescheduled taking into consideration the new changes made. All already released orders are displayed on the Scheduler as they were, but a notification icon will appear on the order bar in the Scheduler if resources have been overallocated.
- In case the operations fall on new weekends, they are rescheduled if working on the weekend is not allowed for this resource.
Capacity Planner changes
- Changes are applied only for the orders created after editing the work week/weekend/ holidays. The capacity is recalculated according to the newly selected week/weekend/holiday in case more or fewer days are added in comparison with the previous selection. Replenishment planning takes into account the new change to plan the expected timelines for component delivery.