Bulk payments from your customers allow them to pay off several invoices at once.
Both QuickBooks Online users and Xero Accounting users have the ability to add payments to supplier invoices within the accounting application and then synchronise the information over to DEAR Inventory or add payments in DEAR and sync them to your accounting software. Xero users need to ensure the correct payment settings are enabled, QuickBooks Online users will sync payments automatically.
- (Xero Users) Set up correct payment parameters (necessary)
- Have outstanding invoices for at least one supplier (necessary)
Table of Contents
Set up payment parameters (Xero users only)
Before you are able to apply payments in DEAR Inventory, you will need to make sure that you have set up the right payment parameters and that payments created in DEAR Inventory can be pushed to Xero.
To correctly set up Xero payment parameters:
- Navigate to Integration -> Xero.
- Check that Xero Payments are either set to Synced in both ways or Pushed to Xero.
Apply bulk payment
Large customer payments can be distributed amongst unpaid invoices, or the entire outstanding balance can be paid at once.
To apply bulk payment:
- Navigate to Sale -> Bulk Payment.
- Select a Customer from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Period you would like to view for the invoices that are due.
- Click Show Due Invoices. All due and overdue invoices for the customer will be displayed.
- If the currency of the customer is different from your own base currency, you will also be required to provide a Conversion Rate.
- Select a Payment Date.
- Select the Account to which the payment has been made.
- Provide a reference (optional).
- Enter the Amount to be paid by the customer. The total outstanding amount is shown at the bottom of the table of outstanding invoices. To manually specify which invoices are paid, click the Pay Amount field for each invoice and enter the amount. The remaining unallocated payment is shown to the top right of the table.
- Click Pay to confirm the payment.
- (If using QBO/Xero) Synchronise that payment transaction by hovering the mouse over Sync and the company name and then clicking the Sync Now button.