With ShipRush as a shipping service, fulfillment is managed through DEAR, and shipment information is synced with ShipRush to generate shipping labels, printable in DEAR. ShipRush can also be used to estimate shipping costs from DEAR. Orders are not imported or exported to ShipRush.
ShipRush uses only imperial measurements, non-imperial measurements will be converted when dimensions and weights are passed to ShipRush.
- Familiarity with Processing a Sale
- Familiarity with Product and Service Management
- Only one ShipRush account can be connected to DEAR
Users will need the following permissions:
- User will need the Integrations → Shipment - ShipRush permission enabled to access the integration settings.
- User will need the Sale → Sale Task – Pack view: Sales List & Tasks permission to enter package information and shipping instructions.
- User will need the Sale → Sale Task – Ship view: Sales List & Tasks permission is required to generate the shipping label.
Table of Contents
- Connect ShipRush as a shipping service
- Setup steps in DEAR
- Using shipping rate estimates
- Printing shipping labels
Connect ShipRush as a shipping service
You will need a user token or API key to connect to ShipRush from DEAR. This can be generated from your ShipRush account, specifically under Settings → Shipping developer tokens:
- Go to Integration → ShipRush.
- Click + to make a new connection. Only one ShipRush account can be connected to DEAR.
- Enter your User Token.
- Click Connect to ShipRush.
- You can then proceed to configure your integration settings.
Connecting ShipRush will take you to the integration settings page. Some ShipRush integration settings can be customised from the Setup tab. If you make any changes to the default settings, make sure to click Save Changes upon completing them.
If more than one shipping service is connected, you can click Set Default to set ShipRush as your default service and Disconnect from ShipRush as a shipping service from this tab.
Default ship from address: If a shipping location does not have an address specified, this address will be used instead. Available options for this field are the default company address or any address marked as Shipping type.
Use tax rate from: This setting determines which tax rule will be applied to the shipping charge. Option 1 is to use Default tax rule for all customers and select from the drop-down of available tax rules. Option 2 is to use Customer tax rule, which is determined from customer details.
Tax rule for shipping: If Use tax rate from: Default is selected, this dropdown field will show all active tax rules in DEAR. The selected tax rule will be applied by default to all shipping charges.
Currency in ShipRush: This sets the currency to be used in ShipRush. This MUST match the currency value set under Settings → General Settings in DEAR.
Weight units in ShipRush: This sets the weight units to be used in ShipRush. This MUST match the weight units set under Settings → General Settings in DEAR.
Additional shipping margin: If margin value is set to Relative, it means that margin will be calculated using a percentage amount. If set as Absolute a fixed amount will be applied on top of the shipping cost. (E.g., additional shipping margin = 20. If relative is selected, a margin of 20% will be added to the shipping rate. If absolute is selected, 20 units of the ShipRush currency will be added to the rate.)
Send notification on shipping label generation: Enable to trigger an internal notification on the generation of a shipping label.
From contact on shipping label: This is auto-filled with your company name by default, but can be changed. This will appear on the shipping label.
From company on shipping label: This is auto-filled with your company name by default, but can be changed. This will appear on the shipping label.
Print shipping labels: At the ship stage, you can use the shipping service to generate a shipping label for the carrier and receive a tracking number. This can be enabled or disabled. Please see Printing shipping labels for further information.
Freight shipping toggle: When enabled, the additional section, Pre-defined settings for freight shipping, for entering default parameters for freight shipping is displayed.
Pre-defined package dimensions: Pre-defined package dimensions are used to estimate shipping rates, which takes place at the quote or order stage of a sale. Real dimensions can be input when printing shipping labels during the pack and ship stage of the sale. The units of measure are taken from General Settings → Products and measurements settings.
Pre-defined settings for freight shipping: Pre-defined settings for freight shipping are used to estimate shipping rates, which takes place at the quote or order stage of a sale. Real settings can be input when printing shipping labels during the pack and ship stage of the sale. Available setting values are imported from ShipRush.
Setup steps in DEAR
There are some steps to set up before you can start using ShipRush to calculate rates. These can be skipped if you have done them already.
Set up addresses in DEAR
To correctly calculate shipping rates, you must first define where you are shipping from. Add addresses to all of your locations to make sure your shipping rates are accurate. Shipping addresses must be valid in order to calculate rates.
- Go to Settings → Reference Books → Stock → Locations & Bins.
- You can add more locations with + or Add more items.
- Enter a name and address for each location.
- Save your changes.
Set up product dimensions
To correctly estimate shipping rates using shipping services, the correct dimensions must be added to the product in DEAR. See Product and Service Management for more information about setting up products.
- Go to Inventory → View All → Products.
- Select the product in question and at the bottom of the page, select the Dimensions tab.
- Enter the dimensions and dimension units of measure and Save the product.
Using shipping rate estimates
Once the setup steps are complete, you can begin to estimate shipping rates on sale orders. This takes place at the quote/order stage of a sale. The rate is based from the location specified in the document to the customer's shipping address. Shipping rate quotes can only be generated for real addresses and for products that have dimensions and weight listed. Note that country should contain a three-letter country code.
If DEAR receives an error during shipping rate estimate generation, an error message will appear with a downloadable .txt file with the error data. If the error is unexpected, the user will also see an email dialog box with attached error data log file which can be sent to the shipping service provider customer support. [is this applicable to ShipRush] - yes, correct
Using shipping rate estimates in DEAR
Shipping rate estimates in DEAR can be calculated at the Quote or Order stage of a sale order.
- Create a sale order using Simple Sale or Advanced Sale.
- Add products to the order.
- Click Get Shipping Rates.
- Select ShipRush from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog box will appear where you will need to select the Carrier and Packaging and Service, then click OK. Carrier values are imported from ShipRush. The estimated shipping rate is shown next to each service.
- NOTE: DEAR will use pre-defined package dimensions and freight settings (if applicable) set from the integration settings. Real settings can be input when printing shipping labels during the pack and ship stage of the sale.
- Select a service and click OK to add the shipping rate estimate to the additional charges section. You can now continue with the sale process until the Ship stage, where you can generate and print the shipping label.
Using shipping rate estimates in B2B Portal
Only one shipping service can be selected to use with B2B Portal.
Get Shipping Rate Estimates in B2B Portal:
- Go to Integrations → DEAR B2B Portal.
- In the Setup tab, scroll down to Shipping Service and select ShipRush from the drop-down. Click Save.
- During CHECKOUT, the shipping methods from the selected shipping service will be automatically shown for the customer to select from in Step 3: Shipping Method
Print shipping labels
At the Ship stage, you can use the shipping service to generate a shipping label for the carrier and receive a tracking number. International shipping is supported.
ShipRush API does not support consignment consolidation but does support individual package label generation. Labels will be generated for individual packages.
If DEAR receives an error during shipping label generation, an error message will appear with a downloadable .txt file with the error data. If the error is unexpected, the user will also see an email dialog box with attached error data log file which can be sent to the shipping service provider customer support.
- Use the normal sales process to create a sales order in either Simple Sale or Advanced Sale.
- On the document header, enter the shipping address.
- The sale process remains the same as far as the Pack tab, which must be authorised.
- From here, click the Shipping Instructions sub-tab. This sub-tab is for shipping information that applies all packages. Click Enter Shipping instructions to open a pop-up window.
- The pop up window is dynamically generated according to the connected shipping service. Enter the information and save your changes.
- This will add the shipping instructions to the display. Click To Package details to continue.
- This sub-tab is for entering package dimensions for all packages within a sale order. Click Enter package details to open a pop-up window.
- The pop up window is dynamically generated according to the connected shipping service. Select which boxes to include and enter the weight and dimensions, and freight information if applicable. Save your changes.
- This will add the shipment to the display. Continue to the Ship tab.
- On the Ship tab, press Copy from Pack. Click Generate Shipping Label to send package information and shipping instructions to the shipping service provider and generate the shipping label and Authorise the ship tab.
- The carrier info, including the tracking number, will then be automatically entered into the ship tab. The shipping label will be generated automatically via PDF. You can also print the label by selecting the shipment from the list.
NOTE: The template used to print the shipping label is generated on ShipRush side. DEAR just downloads the pdf from their API, it is not possible to change the shipping label template through DEAR.